- Started in 1999, our current membership is just over 100 members. The strength and versatility of this club has continued to grow thanks to so many members who have shared their personal expertise and enthusiasm through the various volunteer positions they have taken on.
- We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with executive officers elected each autumn for the following calendar year.
- We maintain a minimum cash flow to support a one-year operating budget with member dues covering operating expenses so fundraising revenue can be applied to program speaker fees and civic garden expenses, with a minimum of one-third of all fundraising revenue directed towards scholarships and grants.
- The goals of the Grantham Garden Club are to promote the love of gardening among amateurs through education; promote the study of horticulture; protect our native trees, wildflowers, and birds; encourage civic beautification; and engage in charitable and educational activities including awarding grants or educational scholarships, in furtherance of this mission.
- We support our mission by providing a wide variety of educational programs, many of which are open for the public to attend, and by investing in our community through the educational scholarships and project grants we award, as well as the civic garden projects we participate in each year.