RESOURCES FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Garden Plant Finder tool : NativePlantTrust.org
- Plants organized by growing conditions: amandasnativeplants.com
- Searches for native host plants by zip code: nwf.org/nativeplantfinder
- Pollinator Pathway: www.pollinator-pathway.org
- Northeast Organic Farming Assoc. of NH: www.nofanh.org
- Sullivan County Conservation District: www.sccdnh.org
STARTING A VICTORY GARDEN
Go to our Starting a Victory Garden webpage to see talking points from our 4/16/2020 Coffee Talk, and more detailed information relating to sun condition definitions, seeds vs. transplants, choosing a container, and more.
05/15/2020 ZOOM PROGRAM BY CAT BUXTON,
"EDIBLE LANDSCAPES AND SOIL HEALTH"
This informative educational program was jointly sponsored by the Grantham Garden Club and the Eastman Charitable Foundation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program was done via ZOOM, which limited face-to-face interactions, but did allow us to record the program!
Click on the buttons below to view a recording of the Program, get a PDF of the Program slides, or to visit Cat's website for more resources.
2019 SNOW HILL FLORAL RESOURCES SURVEY SUMMARY
A three-year floral study was undertaken by Eastman Community Association to assess what impact intermittent mowing vs. edge-to-edge mowing might have on the vigor and diversity of flora present at the closed Eastman Snow Hill Ski area. And whether changes in mowing practices may positively impact the value of the ski area habitat for wildlife, especially pollinator insects..
Grantham Garden Club provided financial support for this project through its grants program, awarding a grant to ECA for this project in all three years.